[rfn-l] Fwd: 1) Food Systems Academy launched - 2)Jobs at Food Tank (US)
Adele.Wessell at scu.edu.au
Thu Nov 6 05:59:47 EST 2014
Please see below information about an exciting new initiative many of you will be interested in - the Food Systems Academy, forwarded by Carol Richards.
And just a reminder that registrations are still open for the Regional Food Cultures and Networks Conference: http://scu.edu.au/regionalfoodconference/
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
1) I’m delighted to invite you to use the new, on-line open education resource: the Food Systems Academy<http://www.foodsystemsacademy.org.uk/> - http://www.foodsystemsacademy.org.uk/ The talks can provide a guest speaker in a class at college or university and an addition to set reading. Sometimes, follow-up question and answer sessions can be arranged with the speakers. You can read users comments on the pilot talk on the food system here: http://foodsystemsacademy.org.uk/user-comments.html It would be very helpful if you could inform your networks about this on and after Monday. I have attached a flyer, which we would love people to print out (in colour if you can) and put up on notice boards. Please also share this e-mail and flyer with any colleagues for whom this new resource may be useful. If you like what you see and are on Twitter it would be great if you could both follow the Food Systems Academy and tweet about it. Here are a couple a tweets you could use:
Introducing the new @FoodSystemsAcad, an open education resource to transform our #foodsystems. Curated @GeoffTansey http://ow.ly/CqVoD The new @FoodSystemsAcad is a free library of talks giving a succinct overview of food in our world today http://ow.ly/CqVoD #foodsystem
I hope you like the site. It is in beta testing and we would like feedback from faculty and students. You can easily do this through the feedback surveys on line on the website and it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks once again,
Regards, Geoff Tansey Curator, Food Systems Academy
e-mail: geoff at foodsystemsacademy.org.uk<applewebdata://504902DE-5AA4-493B-890A-0A32F68E4B40email@example.com>
[cid:6B776373-1851-4373-98C0-B1CF5F747363 at lan]
2) I wanted to pass along three new research and writing opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students at Food Tank: The Food Think Tank<http://act.foodtank.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.FoodTank.com&utm_campaign=friday_academic&n=2&e=c84a8df7ca2ce84af921b3434d6613603f1c4407&utm_source=foodtank&utm_medium=email>.
Food Tank, a non-profit organization, publishes original research daily and is working to build a better food system. Food Tank works with more than two dozen partners worldwide including the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Slow Food USA, Oxfam America, the McKnight Foundation, and the James Beard Foundation. Food Tank also has publishing relationships with the Christian Science Monitor, Thompson Reuters, About.com<http://About.com>, the Huffington Post, and many others.
1. We are hiring three fellows to help us with three upcoming research reports (graduate level only). These reports are part of our “Food Tank by the Numbers” series and will require intensive research. We are looking for a minimum commitment of 20 hours a week (PAID). Fellows can work remotely.
2. Research and Writing Internships (undergraduate or graduate). We are looking for students who are strong researchers and writers to commit to writing one article a week (potentially PAID) for Food Tank as research interns. We expect a three-month commitment (a minimum of 12 articles). Candidates should have excellent writing skills. Interns will conduct interviews with major thought leaders, have the chance to get their names published, work with our partners, and much more. Interns can work remotely.
3. DC Based Interns to Help Coordinate our Upcoming Food Tank Summit at The George Washington University (undergraduate or graduate). On January 21-22 we are hosting the 1st Annual Food Tank Summit in partnership with The George Washington University, which will be a two-day event bringing together 75 speakers from all sectors of the food system. We are looking for three interns (PAID and UNPAID) to commit a minimum of 20 hours a week helping us to coordinate logistics for the summit. Must be DC-, MD-, or VA- based.
Interested applicants should send an email to research associate Sarah Small at sarah at foodtank.com<mailto:sarah at foodtank.com> and include a brief cover letter explaining interest, a resume, and official/unofficial transcript.
All the best,
President, Food Tank
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 141468 bytes
More information about the rfn-l