[rfn-l] Fair Food Film Monday 23 March Byron Bay Community Centre

Adele Wessell Adele.Wessell at scu.edu.au
Tue Mar 17 10:58:58 AEDT 2015

Dear Colleagues

The Regional Food Network is supporting the Fair FOOD film screening next Monday:
23 March
Byron Theatre
Doors open at 6.30pm and a Q&A community panel will follow the screening of the film.
Please let your networks know.
Hope to see you there.

Best, Adele.

Fair Food is Australia's first feature-length documentary that tells the story of our farmers, social entrepreneurs and communities pioneering new approaches to food production, marketing and distribution.

Our current food system is broken - two supermarkets control 75-80 per cent of the grocery market, cheap imports undercut local producers markets and farmers are walking off the land in droves. But Fair Food reveals a countercurrent to these trends - a fair food movement that's gathering momentum, led by biodiverse family farmers, independent food enterprises, and communities and individual food buyers around the country.

Munch Crunch Organics and the Regional Food Network (Southern Cross University) are screening this film to raise awareness about the importance of support our local food system in the Northern Rivers and showcase some great examples of local food movements in our community in the panel discussion following the film screening.

Byron Theatre

Tickets $15

Monday 23 March

Doors: 6.30pm